Friday, September 28, 2012

My Student Organization

One of the organizations that I am a part of is Teaching Together. It is basically an academic club for Education students to help them get to know each other, receive information about their major, and perform services for the community that will look good on their resumes. We have had two meetings and an ice cream social so far. The meetings were on August 29th and September 26th at 5pm in Malicky room 10. The ice cream social was on Thursday, September 13th at 5pm in Malicky room 10. At the meetings we received information about t-shirt ideas for the club, service opportunities in the Berea community and inner city Cleveland, and general information about the purpose of the club. The ice cream social was a time for us to get to know each other better and enjoy some ice cream in a more relaxed setting. I believe the organization is a great way for me to get involved, build my resume, and gain classroom experience.The leaders are all very welcoming, informative, and approachable. It is nice to know upperclassmen who I can approach with questions. It seems to be a very productive club because the leaders are efficient, there are at least forty members (rough estimation), and it has practical uses as well. Because the meetings were so well-run, I know this is a club I have to be a part of, otherwise I would really be missing out.

3 comments:

  1. that's really cool that everyone can get together like that and work and chill together. and you got free ice cream! lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! What grade do you want to teach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great organization to be apart of!

    ReplyDelete